Wednesday, July 20, 2005

It's alive.

My roommate who has been incommunicado for the past nine days finally called, then returned home.  He was apologetic, but I was just glad to know he wasn't in a hospital or jail somewhere.

I mentioned that I was from Idabel, OK in an entry here and now I get random IM messages from people who grew up in the area.  That's cool, because there are usually 3 or fewer degrees of separation. Like, "My aunt graduated with your uncle," or "We grew up right around the corner from each other! Did you know so-and-so?" or "We used your dad's pharmacy."

I was lazy today.  I worked maybe two hours.  It's boom or bust.  I also postponed tonight's all-nighter until Sunday night.  I just don't think I could get everything done with the resources I have.  Not all the checklist items were completed by my coworkers, so it was a no-go, anyway.  I somehow don't feel motivated to track them down and ask them to do their jobs.  The deployment dates in the checklist aren't jokes.  They're real.  Until my hand is forced.

No comments:

Post a Comment