Monday, October 31, 2005

Folks, food, and fun.

Well, I had a good visit from my folks this weekend. We confirmed that they'll be watching the neice and nephew during Thanksgiving week, so I can abduct my brother and sister-in-law to Las Vegas to see UFC56. I'm really excited about the prospect of a Fall vacation to see some fights.

Saturday night's fun included a nice visit to Arthur Bryant's in the Ameristar. How can a barbecue place run out of brisket? The pork was good, but I really wanted beef. I played poker for a while and then went to Jason's house for the party and subsequent side trip to the clubs. I had Adam in tow, who was dressed up like Jethrine Bodine. If you didn't see
that episode, just imagine a tall beefy guy in a blonde wig dressed like Daisy Duke. Shocking.  Several club goers pulled out their cameras.  Personally, I wouldn't Nair my legs for a Halloween costume, but I'm still laughing about it now.

I rested and ate Chinese food on Sunday afternoon in front of the TV.  I drifted in and out of sleep during multiple NFL games.  Then, I packed up my gear and drove to OP to play hockey.  I scored two goals!  We beat them 6-4, and I scored the game winning 5th goal.  It was absolutely fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment