Saturday, July 22, 2006

Yay for Friday

Last night was fun.  Midge, my next door neighbor, had her KCMO PD toga party again this summer and I had a companion party, because if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.  And I think it worked out pretty well.  Meeting Nic, my future roommate, getting face time with friends, and hanging out til daylight breakfast at Denny's with Nic, OCA, and Moodswung was great.  Seeing Moodswung fall asleep in mid conversation and drop his freshly lit cigarette into his pancake syrup wasn't as funny at the time as it is now.  When your friends say, even if you don't take her as a roommate, be sure Nic comes to our next party, that's a pretty good endorsement.  And I proved once again that some of the best barbecue and arguably the best barbecue beans in the known universe can be obtained from L.C.'s on Blue Parkway.  I got a choice pic of the Nieda with a rib and a bib, which sort of sums up the whole thing.  Nic and I agreed on her move-in date of August 4, so I have a deadline for repairs and renovations.  In fact, I'm taking the measurements to the carpet store right now to pick out the flooring.  I'm going to have the installers do my basement and my vacant house at the same time.  One more step toward the elusive positive cashflow situation.

1 comment:

  1. Glad everything went well Friday night.  This is the week for the right job to come your way....think positively!  Also, we are a "go" for August 12th-16th.

    ReplyDelete