Thursday, July 20, 2006

Off to a bad start.

I was eating lunch after working outside for a while and thought it odd that my phone hadn't been ringing like crazy, as usual.  So, I picked the thing up and tried to call voice mail.  It said "Would you like to turn off Flight Mode?"  Uh, yeah.  That means the phone portion of the thing was off.  It seems to automatically go into flight mode when the battery gets very low.  I had four voice mails.  Two of them were from the recruiter working the UMB job lead.  I called him back and it turns out that someone else came in at a lower rate and snagged the job.  I was too late to wheel and deal on the hourly rate.  I guess it wasn't meant to be.

The other two calls were a salesperson asking for friend referrals and the neighbor asking to borrow the lawnmower.

I touched base with Nicole, who has broken up with her boyfriend this morning, which may affect her decision to want to live on this side of town.  Alrighty.  That's okay, because there's a queue of people interested.

I'm just going to keep working my job leads until I land something decent, and keep working on my rentals until I'm back to positive cashflow again.

No comments:

Post a Comment