Monday, July 24, 2006

Lazy, Relaxing Sunday

I just spent the past 90 minutes drooling over the Tesla Roadster.  It looks like a Lotus Elise, it runs on electricity, the only moving part is the rotor, the aid of a traction control computer allows it to go 0 to 60 in 4 seconds, it runs nearly silently, it has a range of 250 miles on one charge, it comes with a portable charger in the trunk, and it recharges in 3.5 hours.  $80k.  But you don't have to buy gas and you could charge it with solar panels on top of your garage.  The tax credits you get could make the down payment.  I doubt my next commuter car will burn gas now.  I'm holding out for one of these!  It's not going to work for hauling, but for getting around, wow!  The new trick which makes this car so fast and efficient?  Cell phone (lithium ion) batteries running in parallel. 6831 of them, to be exact.  As the laptop and mobile phone makers spend the R&D dollars to extend battery life, this kind of car can only get better.  Cost of ownership is 1 to 2 cents a mile.

As far as Sunday goes, I did as little as possible.  I'd say I spent 95% of my day on my sofa or in a recliner at my brother's house.  The other 5% in the car or in the shower.  I didn't even cook.  I ate leftovers and pizza delivery.

I'm refreshed.  I'm ready to paint houses, and I'm ready for a fresh batch of Monday morning job listings.  Bring on the day.

1 comment:

  1. You go boyee!  Get that painting done pronto.  Also, lattice is under 10 bucks a sheet and that back yard at 50th Street needs several sheets.  Also, we've got a door re-hang in our near future.

    If there's any work that can be done by a 9 1/2 year old, I know one that works cheap.  Teach him to work a roller and he can paint everything under the 5 foot line.