Friday, September 16, 2005

Polka dotted me.

I worked all night last night and slept between phone calls today. I went to the doc in the afternoon and later I had an allergic reaction to an antibiotic, during which red dots appeared all over my chest and belly and arms. If I hadn't felt a little itchy, I might never have pulled my shirt up to notice it. I called the doc, who said take Benadryl now and every 3 hours. Go to the ER if it gets worse, he said. It did gradually worsen until I got to Osco for Benadryl. The lady in front of me was buying a lifetime supply of pop and party favors and the checker was not going to win any scan and bag skills competition. The lady behind me saw my spots and told me to pop one of those Benadryl right there. So I opened a bottled water, took one of the pills out of the package, and swallowed it right there in line. 8 hours and 2 doses later, I still have the spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment