Friday, June 6, 2008

Jury doody

I dodged jury duty. . . without actually dodging it.  I sat there through two days of jury selection.  I drew number 35.  To be in the top 14 (12 jurors and two alternates), they had to eliminate 11 people and not eliminate me.  By day two I was number 23.  And, by the end of that day, I was surely in the top 14, but it's a serial rape case.  The defense was eliminating men from the jury, so after answering kinda rudely to some questions about my previous jury service, they dismissed me.  There were only two men left on the jury when they finalized it.  That was close.  This was going to take a minimum of two weeks to try.  I honestly didn't want to hear one heartbreaking case of how rape and forcible sodomy by a home intruder ruined one life, but eleven.  What an tearjerker!  If the Mr. Shy Bland did it, I hope he gets what he deserves.  There were TV cameras there the first day.  I'm interested to see how it plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment