Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Busy busy!

I had a good weekend.  St. Patrick's Day involved some corned beef & cabbage at the 13th Street Grill and watching the parade from the roof of an apartment building at 16th & Grand where a friend of a friend was having a party.  Good times.  I did not endure as long as the parade lasted, but it was a good time.  Sunday, I went to the opera.  It was outstanding, of course.  I grabbed some pizza with Tricia afterwards, then proceeded to my hockey game.  We beat the number one team in our league in the last 11 seconds.

Today is another day full of fire drills.  About the time I think I can focus on my project, I get blind-sided by something random.  I'm gun shy about starting any meaningful work.  I'll be glad when this calamity of a project is completed.

It was smoked turkey leg day in the cafeteria, but I got pulled into a meeting.  The good news is that I made it to the Comfort Zone before they closed.  I did not make it before they ran out of smoked turkey legs.  I ate an IQF chicken breast over rice and a side of peas from a can with a dinner roll that resembled a lump of foam in texture and flavor, if not appearance.  <sigh>  There's an Italian buffet across the street with tastier options, but at least it was somewhat healthy.

Yesterday, as I was leaving the office, I was complimented on the work I'm doing by the manager coordinating the project.  I got to spend a little time with my brother, but kept my distance because he and his son both suffer some kind of terrible sinus infection.  My buddy Rolf is town, so we grabbed dinner and espresso in Brookside.  More good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment