Friday, December 8, 2006

Brr.

It's chilly today.  The sun is going to have to work hard to warm it up to the predicted 38 degree high.  I'm not planning to do anything outside, anyway, but the furnace is working overtime.  I can't wait to see the gas bill.  I mean, yes I can!

I quit my job at Sprint and accepted a contract to work in Dallas for the next few months.  The milder weather there will be welcome, as will the additional cash I'll be making.  This is the job I was looking for in July or so.  <sigh>  I'm glad it finally came along!  I'll be a technical lead for a network project at sites in Dallas, Kansas City, and Chicago.  This is right up my alley.  Because of the travel involved, I'll have to take my classes online for the next couple of terms.  I'm excited to be using my core competencies once again.

It was a little bit difficult to quit my job at Sprint.  If I didn't like the people I was working with so much, it would be significantly easier. I consider a few of them friends, though.  I'll certainly be staying in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment