Thursday, February 19, 2009

Went to the gun range instead. Oops.

Some coworkers came by my desk near the end of the work day and asked if I wanted to go to the gun range for a little while and shoot a 9mm and a .380. I had a full plate, but I was frustrated with the work I was stuck doing at that point, so I capitulated. I drove them to Jose Peppers where they bought me a quick dinner and we went to The Bullet Hole in Overland Park (Shawnee Mission Parkway & Robinson). After they got to shoot their respective guns, I got a chance to try them both. I'm not a fan of that Keltec .380. It was too light, so the recoil was pretty bad. It bruised my thumb. The Sig Sauer 9mm was perfection. The weight was ideal and it fit my hand perfectly. I shot a really tight group in the bullseye of the target the first clip I emptied. It was ladies night at the gun range, which was an interesting dynamic. I'd go back there in a heartbeat. I'm told that I should try shooting a Paraordnance or Springfield Armory XD next time. I took the compadres back to the office to get their vehicles and went inside to finish my work, where I lost track of time. Big mistake. I was supposed to meet up with my friend Adam D. to discuss how his new venture and my side business could benefit each other. I had not heard my phone because I had left the phone in the Jeep. He tried calling me a couple of times. Man, I hate that I forgot our appointment, because we're both so busy. . . I hope to reschedule.