Thursday, November 20, 2008

New York Rangers


New York Rangers
Originally uploaded by chillkc
I got to check out a Rangers game last night. I had watched the first period from a store in midtown, then proceeded toward the arena to see if I could find a sports bar where I could get some food and be among fans. Well, ESPN Zone was closed for some reason. I took the 1 train down to 34th and when I came up there was a group of ticket scalpers yelling "hockey tickets". I asked how much, and they all crowded around me. I started a bidding war. I negotiated a $240 club level seat down to $40, even after the guy said his rock bottom was $60. This is after the game was a third over and the Rangers had given up a few goals. Anyway, I got inside in time for the second period. I got to see the Rangers score their first goal of the game. There was a waitress to take my food order. The crowd was into the game. It was good. And, I must say, the Madison Square Garden Arena has the best hot dogs. Click on the photo to see what I mean.

2 comments:

  1. New York is good times!

    Wow, so after all these years, I ran into your brother on Facebook... so how are things up in KC?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a vacant rent house is keeping me down this month, but otherwise, all is well.

    ReplyDelete