Saturday, December 29, 2007

Sexist emails.

I have been shocked at the escalation of the sexist humor that gets passed around in office email.  I work in a male dominated department and have worked in predominately male office environs since, well, ever.  I would say this recent volley has definitely crossed the line.  After I chuckled until my abs were sore, I was a little offended by the fact that this passes for office humor.  Interestingly, there is not one single female in my management chain, all the way up the org chart, which may be a first.  That said, here are some examples of what I'm talking about, and I wouldn't rat out my teammates, but. . .  wow. . .


2 comments:

  1. At least they are not blonde jokes!  They are the ones usually under fire.  Believe it or not, women have their own "brand" of humor.  You guys just don't hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say that I chuckled at them also.  I actually know people...not just women... that NEED that parking place.  

    ReplyDelete