Wednesday, December 7, 2005

Snow

The snow is beautiful, but it's a hassle when driving around. When I went to work today, there was a little powder on the roads and the side streets were a little slick. I stayed a few hours until the snow started falling harder still and surpassed the forecast of 3 inches. Now they've closed schools early and I made my way home. The streets were somewhat slicker and the interstates were all stop and go traffic. I stopped at Wendy's to pick up a burger and some chili on the way home. Now, judging from the traffic report on the radio, the driving conditions have gotten worse still, so I'm glad I left when I did. There's a car in the ditch at the end of my street. My car is at the end of the driveway. I won't be able to get it all the way up the hill unless I go out there and shovel some snow, though.

1 comment: