Wednesday, August 26, 2009

39

Today, I'm wearing a Hawaiian shirt, at the behest of the "Scene Team", which is the group here in the office who plans the mandatory fun. Luau lunch is a hit with me. Hula hoops, a hula dance contest, and free barbecue. That's entertainment.

It's been a while since I posted anything here. I had a birthday in the meantime. I don't FEEL 39. A week ago, I was sick on my birthday, recovering from a sore throat and a recurring fever. Now, I'm over it, and my birthday has passed. Still not feeling 39. I scored two goals in a very competitive hockey game last night. I tipped one in from a pass to the front of the net from the other winger. The other goal was a soft goal between the goalie's skate and the post.

I spent the previous weekend in Texas at my brother's house for the celebration of the niece's birthday. That involved assisting with the assembly of a trampoline, eating cake in a windy park, and having a blast hanging out with the folks and some screaming 7 year old girls. I'd say that was the highlight of my month. I savored the irony of a group of 7 year old girls hitting a Hannah Montana piƱata.